Monday, November 10, 2008

Alive

Yes, I am still alive, amazingly. Since my last post, I have undergone two major operations. I am recovering from the second one, a liver surgery, now. Mother went home today after spending three weeks here in Toronto helping to take care of me. So, I am basically back in one piece and I will start chemo in three weeks. I hope that in four months, this will all be behind me.

Also, I am very pleased Sen. Obama won the presidency and that the Democrats have greater control of Congress. I hope there will be some health care reform so that I will be able to return to the US and get coverage, since I will need tests for the rest of my life. It is frightening to have your life turned over at the age of 32, but the prospect of never being able to afford to return to the US was terrifying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home