Sunday, June 08, 2008

Roo's fall out of a window

So today, while we were trying to install a window air conditioner because it is horribly hot here in Toronto and I can't sit around sweating because getting dehydrated will land me in a hospital really fast, Roo, idiot Roo, got out onto the ledge. Instead of backing up and re-entering the room, he tried to turn around and he fell two and a half stories to the ground below. Thankfully, he got tangled up in the branches of a tree on his way down, so that slowed his decent, but he gave the ground a pretty good whomp. Of course, I freaked out, started seeing spots, my blood pressure shot up and down like crazy. I yelled at Justin to run outside to get him. We live on a really busy road and even though he is afraid of the road, I didn't know what he would do.

Justin ran out the front door and I ran down and opened up the back door that leads out onto the patio. And there was Roo! He was waiting by the back door. That is the door we always take him in and out of on his walks. I am glad now that we took him on walks because he knows his way around the outside of the building. I picked him up and he was purring like crazy. I think he was freaked out too. He was totally limp in my arms, which he very rarely is, but he was so happy to be with me after that. I called Justin back inside and we gave Roo some treats. He seems fine. Nothing is broken, certainly, but I am worried about internal injuries, so I am watching him. He is acting fine though. Hopefully, he will gain more cat sense now and never, ever do that again. It was my worst nightmare, one of the cats falling out of the windows here. He used up one of his lives, that is for certain.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Poor Roo! Glad to hear he is ok.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home