Saturday, March 29, 2008

Earth Hour 2008

Justin and I celebrated Earth Hour 2008 by sitting in the dark for an hour and bitching about how the people across the street were not turning out their lights. Granted, I live away from downtown, where the effect was more spectacular, as you can see by the photo, courtesy of the Toronto Star.

I hope next year that Earth Hour is embraced even more greatly, mostly because it is fun. We had a free acoustic concern with Nelly Furtado down in Nathan Phillips Square, though I did not attend, and many restaurants offered candlelit dining. Me, I like doing things that millions of people around the world are also doing. That is why I wake up at 1 am to watch the World Cup in Japan. I'm not a lemming. Really, I'm not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home