Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Skates, Shoelaces, and Other Things

So, Anna and I went to IKEA and then we went to Canadian Tire and at the Canadian Tire, I acquired a pair of hockey skates. Fortunately for me, I fit into Junior sizes, which means that the same pair of skates is about $40 cheaper than the adult version.

Wanting to do right by my new skates, I researched lacing techniques and found this website.

Then Anna, Justin and I went ice skating. She reports about it (with pictures) on her blog. I had a great time. I'm obsessing about perfecting my hockey stop. Well, perfecting is a strong word when your level of skill amounts to doing it incorrectly and falling over. Still, I am dead-set on learning how to do this very cool manoeuver. For some reason it is important to me. More important than reading Panofsky.

Last night, I made a yummy pizza with a whole wheat crust. Making pizzas is so much fun, and I can make a lot of them for not very much money, and they taste like something you'd get in a restaurant. So I've been on a pizza-making kick lately.

I found this on line: Longest ear hair, according to the Guinness Book of World Records: 5.2 inches. Yeah, ew is right.

So, I don't have any really amusing anectodes that are coming to mind right now, but I have fallen behind on my blogging, so here is another offering.

Keep on keepin' on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home