Monday, January 09, 2006

Craziness!!

So , I'm downstairs unloading the recycling in the trash room and I take a gander around as the room is unusually full of trash. I don't know if it is some genetic predeliction toward being a baglady, but I just love going through stuff other people don't want. You find real gems. I love finding useful things because I feel as though the universe as provided for me all on its own. To date, I have found in the trash room:

A really expensive piece of carry-on luggage with a broken zipper. Fifteen minutes with a needle, thread, and some wire clippers and I fixed the zipper, providing me with a really expensive piece of luggage that works just fine.

A small endtable covered with the stickiest, nastiest tape I have ever seen. However, Windex took that stuff right off and now I have a perfectly good endtable for the bedroom (we needed another one anyway).

A lampshade. It is dark purple, but perfectly fine. One of ours was crushed in the move, so I replaced it with the good lampshade. Hey, those things are expensive, even at IKEA.

And today, I found an old Nintendo NES game cartridge for a game simply called "Ice Hockey" (I can't wait to play it), and I found exactly $4.62 in change (mostly pennies and nickels) someone had thrown away. THROWN... AWAY... They threw MONEY... AWAY. Can I express this any better. Money. Thrown away MONEY. I mean, I can accept someone losing money... we've all done that, but to simply throw it away? I mean, this person threw away a meal at McDonald's They threw away two bus rides. They threw away half a pack of cigarettes. Crazy man. Anyway, it is my $.62 now. I also found in the change a penny from Bermuda and a penny from 1946 with George VI on it. Cool.

Keep on keepin' on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home