Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Snowy Moon

First, Anna, you have very cool friends. Hi Anna's friends. I've been looking at your blogs too. What a gang!

Okay, onto the "observation canadien*" of the day:

Yesterday evening was eerie. I looked out of the window and it was snowing. This in and of itself is not entirely strange as it IS the Great White North and it didn't get that name from all of the Irish immigrants. It does snow here, quite a bit. Not as much as Buffalo, but more than Chicago. Such is the world. But the snow wasn't the weird thing. What was weird was that it was snowing pretty heavily and the MOON was out. Totally out, not a cloud in the sky. I mean, it was night, so there may have been clouds in the sky, but as far as the moon was concerned, no clouds. So I was looking up at this nearly full moon serenely glowing with a pale, blue light and I could see these big, puffy flakes fluttering around in front of it somewhat hazing it out, but you could still see all of the valleys and craters on the moon. It was really beautiful.

*Here, I mean the country, not the "fur-lined jacket" that is listed as an option in French dictionaries. I could make a fur-lined jacket observation, but that would only be, doesn't the fur get pretty icky when you sweat in a fur-lined jacket?

Another bit of information, I did a bit of work and put a Links category to your left <--- (observe!!) and I hope to build on it. If you have not done so yet in your life, check out Homestar Runner. Funny flash cartoons about Homestar Runner and his gang.

Also, check out Odd Todd as well. It makes me laugh so hard I cry. It started as a series of cartoons about this poor guy who lost his job and couldn't find another. What makes it funny is that he is probably one of the most ambitionless individuals on the planet, but that his lack of ambition seems to bother him.

For now, I guess, back to papers...

5 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

The system is down ... the system is down ...

I'm sorry, I have to say that any time someone mentions Homestar Runner

6:51 PM  
Blogger Ken said...

What I always wanted to know was how does Homestarr type with those damn gloves on?! lol...

10:55 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I tend to prefer "Everybody to the Limit." Otherwise known as the Fhqwhgads song.

And Ken, you've just committed Homestar blasphemy! It's Strongbad who does the email messages and wears the gloves... Homestar thinks a computer is a fancy piece of golfing equipment.

P.S. Did everyone notice I have my very own blogger account now? I'll have to see about getting it setup so that I can actually use it to post on Melissa and my site.

11:09 PM  
Blogger ARM said...

Amy here. My favorite, above all, is Animal, where StrongBad attempts to develop a made-up animal. There is just something so appealing about the Fangly Fish.

I also like The Cheat's Lightswitch Raves.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

If we're strictly talking about e-mails my two favorites are: Lures & Jigs and Dragon.

Lissa won't admit it, but using StrongBad's jig is what helped me land her.

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home