Friday, January 06, 2006

On Vacation

So, I've been on a real vacation for the past few days, playing lots of Paper Mario on the GameCube, reading more Dante, and baking. Tonight, I watched the Junior World Championship Gold Metal game in hockey - Canada vs. Russia. Canada won, 5-0. It was a very good game, the players were appropriately vicious toward one another.

Today, I read about the funniest quote I can imagine, which is this:

"It's as if we were to find pictures of Jesus on the cross from the time when he was really alive."
-- Mary Miller, Mayan art expert, Yale University

Now, I don't work at Yale, and I don't consider myself an "expert" on much, but since Jesus supposedly died on the cross, then why would there ever be pictures of him on the cross from "the time when he was really alive"? I don't know either. Well, Mary doesn't bill herself as an Early Christian expert, and that is probably a good thing.

Keep on keepin' on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home