Saturday, May 27, 2006

X-Men: the Last Stand

A small group of us went to see the new X-Men movie tonight. The place was sold out, so that was fun. I like watching a movie with a bunch of people. However, we were sitting right in front of an entire row of the f*ckwits who worked at the Apple Store in the Yorkdale Mall. Now you must realize that we got to the movie a full hour before its run time so we could get good seats (and good seats we got). Sadly, we sat in front of f*ckwits, and we had to listen to said f*ckwits for this entire hour. If you've never had to listen to a conversation between multiple f*ckwits before (much less an hour of it), consider yourself a fortunate man who is smiled upon by the Almighty and walks a blessed path. I, however, lost several braincells due to a self-destruction mechanism brought on by the refusal to process f*ckwitty conversation. These were the same f*ckwits who actually CHEERED during the iPod commercial that ran before the movie. Can you spell T-O-O-L-S, boys and girls?

The movie: I liked it. Didn't see X-Men 1 and 2 yet, but we're renting them, and then I can make a better judgment. I've always been a big Storm fan, so I got lots of Storm and I was happy. Sadly, no backstory, but that's the problem with Storm. I liked all of the different mutants, but the film was superficial at best. Still, if I wanted something deep, I probably wouldn't look for it in a movie theatre. But I do have to add, the new Pirates of the Carribean movie looks pretty neat, despite the fact that I really dislike both Orlando Bloom (who can't act, not even to the point of calling it "bad acting") and Keira Knightly (who can act, just not terribly well). Depp looks as great as ever and the plot looks like a lot of fun. Saw a trailer for Superman as well, but the jury is still out for me about whether that will actually be good or not.

So would I recommend the film? If you like lots of gratuitous action and not a lot of character development, you'll love it. If you like well-written conversation and well-thought-out, logical plotlines, you'll probably find the movie annoying or downright bad. Me, I got what I wanted: lots of mutants and lots of fighting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home