Monday, September 25, 2006

Offensive smell found

Justin and I found the offensive smell that was infesting our apartment. It was coming from an unknown spilled substance that was lurking under the fridge (and being warmed by it). I nearly threw up as I entered the epicenter of the stench. After finding part of it lurking beneath a bag of potting soil, my stomach lurched and the next I knew I was in the hallway begging Sweet Mother Mary to chop off my nose.

We mopped up the offensive substance after moving the fridge. We used a liberal amount of bleach followed up with some Simple Green, but we were still unable to totally iradicate the odor. It was then that I sprayed around some Old Spice body spray I got free as a sample, so now the kitchen smells like Dirty Ol' Man instead of Unholy Demon Vomit.

Uncertain what the liquid was, but if I find out, I'm certainly never going to allow it in my home for as long as I live, regardless of how nice it might be before it spoils. Certainly, a week under a fridge didn't do it any good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Um ... do you really want to know what that was? I think it might be better to live in blissfull ignorance (you know, because maybe when exposed to extreme conditions something like chocolate doesn't do exactly what you'd want)

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home