Friday, November 02, 2007

Loonie Power

So the Loonie (otherwise known as the Canadian dollar) is soaring in the markets, and today broke $1.07! When I came to visit the University of Toronto in 2003, the Loonie was around $0.67 to the US dollar. Perhaps I can take credit for it? Of course, this does make it difficult to joke about the wee Loonie.
I even have a shirt that says, "Canada fits your budget" which really doesn't make sense anymore as people are constantly driving to the US to buy things now. Many retailers here have had to lower prices to compete, especially with things like books. It always hurt to pay $5-$10 more per book, especially when that US price was just flaunted right to the left of the Canadian price. But now, now when you know your currency is stronger... wrath. Pure Canadian wrath.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

I have to adjust the exchange rate at work every day. I've started writing Euro Dirges.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home